A seasoned professional with a passion for design, technology and eLearning.
- Twelve years of instructional design experience including six years of experience working with USC and UC faculty converting curriculum to an online platform
- Firm understanding of instructional design theory and multimedia development of web-based education modules using Canvas, Moodle, Flash, HTML and Captivate
- Strong research and technical writing skills developed through writing help files and scripting online instructional material
University of California | Office of President (2012 - present)
The University of California has ten campuses and a combined student body of 238,700 students. The Office of the President is the system-wide headquarter of the University of California, managing its fiscal and business operations, and supporting the academic and research missions across its campuses, labs and medical centers. Responsibilities include: Designing, developing, implementing and evaluating fully online courses for undergraduate students throughout the UC system. Working with faculty to create online instructional content, video and interactive learning modules.
- Member of UC wide Electronic Accessibility Leadership Team
- Ensure all online content adheres to 508 AA level compliance
- Advise faculty on best practices for building accessible learning content for disabled students
- Meet UC faculty to design and imagine new ways to deliver learning content to distributed students
- Shoot lectures and edit videos with interactive elements to video content
- Develop interactive instructional content including virtual field trips
- Maintain the grade book and assignments in the Canvas LMS
- Designed and developed 15 undergraduate courses at UCLA, UCI, UCR, UCSC and CAL
2U, Inc. (2009 - 2012)
Senior Instructional Designer
2tor partners with preeminent institutions including USC, Georgetown and UNC to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online to students globally.
Responsibilities included: Working with faculty to find the best solutions to deliver their classroom content to an online platform with assurance to the faculty that distance learning will not diminish the effectiveness and quality of education, designing and developing curriculum on the Moodle learning management system.
- Met weekly with USC faculty to coordinate the conversion of curriculum to an online platform
- Shot and edited video lectures of faculty
- Developed interactive mixed media presentations of USC faculty
- Built and formatted Moodle grade book for all classes in the Masters in Social Work program
- Lead Instructional Designer for the online Masters in Teaching at USC (February 2009 - May 2010). Over 1,500 students graduated in two years from the MAT
Los Angeles Unified School District (2006 - 2009)
Senior Instructional Designer
Los Angeles Unified School District is the largest public school system in California, serving over 700,000 students, 45,000 teachers and 38,000 classified employees. Responsibilities included: Managing and overseeing the development, deployment and quality of web-based learning initiatives, supervising three instructional designers and three part-time trainers, designing and implementing the web-base learning development process (based on ADDIE).
- Trained over 17,000 school office personnel for the SAP-based human resources and budgeting software system using eLearning
- Recorded over 50,000 unique eLearning training instances in the 2007, which included software skills and state mandated requirements such as sexual harassment training
- Supervised the development of 26 eLearning projects
- Developed reusable web-based and virtual learning architectures utilizing rapid development processes
MAXIMUS, Inc. (2004 - 2006)
MAXIMUS is a military and government contractor providing critical health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities with a staff of over 6,500 employees. Responsibilities included: Storyboarding, writing and designing eLearning material for the Interactive Student Information System application (an online student tracking, grading and attendance software), lead in-office graphic designer.
- Trained over 40,000 LAUSD teachers on the Interactive Student Information System with a pass rate of over 90%
- Designed the logo and branding documentation associated with the program
Kintera, Inc. (2003 - 2004)
Software Trainer / Instructional Designer
Kintera provides an online solution to help nonprofit organizations solicit donations. Responsibilities Included: Troubleshooting potential software bugs, designing and conducting corporate training of internal Kintera employees and clients, designing online instructional modules and developing webpages for nonprofit organizations.
- Designed and developed Kintera’s first eLearning suite used by both the clients and internal employees
- Designed www.otterproject.org
University of Colorado, Denver (2016-present)
Currently working toward MA in Information and Learning Technologies
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Arts, Media Computing
Minor: Ethnic Studies
Graduated with major GPA of 3.6 in June 2003